Spicy and sweet, these cookies are heaven! Make a double batch and give some to friends or family.
3/4 packed cup dark brown sugar
3/4 softened cup unsalted butter
1 large egg
3/4 cup unsulphured molasses
1 freshly ground teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter until creamy.
3. Beat in the egg and molasses until light and creamy.
4. Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl then add them slowly to butter mixture.
5. Drop by the greased teaspoonful onto prepared sheets 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cookies should not brown.
6. Cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container, or wrap well and freeze.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Fat: 4 grams
Protein: 1 grams
"Back to Recipes Main Index"
"Back to Hints & Tips Main Index"
"Back to Main "Purple" Section Index"
"Back to Main Entry Page for other Sections"
Go Back to the page you just came from
This page has been accessed times.
© vjr All Rights reserved.