These are a wonderful snack or gift when done up in a small decorative jar.
1 pound pecans
2 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 stick of butter
1 jelly roll pan or cookie sheet
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Add the sugar and salt. Melt stick of butter in the jelly roll pan in the oven.
3. Fold the pecans into the meringue.
4. Distribute pecans evenly into jelly roll pan.
5. Place in oven and bake 35-40 minutes, stirring the nuts every 10 minutes.
Cool and they are ready to serve.
"Back to Recipes Main Index"
"Back to Hints & Tips Main Index"
"Back to Main "Purple" Section Index"
"Back to Main Entry Page for other Sections"
Go Back to the page you just came from
This page has been accessed times.
© vjr All Rights reserved.