This is fattening but delicious!
3 Tablespoons (45 ml) butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
3 - 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into slices about 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick
1. Combine the butter, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan and melt over low heat.
2. Arrange the potato slices in a well-greased 8 or 9 inch (20 or 22 cm) pie plate or cake pan, overlapping them slightly, and layering them until all the potatoes are used.
3. Pour the butter mixture over the potatoes and cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
4. Bake in a preheated 425F (220C) oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the potatoes are tender and golden brown on top.
5. Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes and invert onto a serving platter. Cut into wedges to serve. Serves 4 to 6.
"Back to Recipes Main Index"
"Back to Hints & Tips Main Index"
"Back to Main "Purple" Section Index"
"Back to Main Entry Page for other Sections"
Go Back to the page you just came from
This page has been accessed times.
© vjr All Rights reserved.