These cookies have an elusive rich and spicy flavor. Consider baking other cookies and freezing them for future desserts or gifts.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon dark rum
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray and spray a 1/2 cup measuring cup as well.
2. Use greased cup to measure molasses and place in a large heavy saucepan. Add butter to the pan and cook over low heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the sugars. Stir until smooth, then add the flour and spices. Mix well, making sure to remove all lumps. Stir in the rum and let the batter cool.
4. Working with only one batch at a time, place the batter by the teaspoonful on the sheet at least 3 inches apart. (Don't make more than 9 cookies on a sheet.)
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies have spread to 3 inch rounds and are bubbly. Remove from the oven and let sit for 1 minute. As quickly as possible form into desired shape. Note:If cookies cool before you can form them, place in the oven for 15 more seconds and form. Make a smaller batch the next time around.
6. Take a cool greased cookie sheet and repeat. Cookies store well unfilled in a sealed container.
Take cookies and wrap around the handle of a wooden spoon to form cylinders. Dip the ends into frosting or whipped cream. Lightly sprinkle with crushed crystallized ginger.
Use a pastry horn and form cylinders. Fill with pumpkin mousse, gingered whip cream, fruit, or plain whipped cream. Serve fresh fruit on the side.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 0 grams
"Back to Recipes Main Index"
"Back to Hints & Tips Main Index"
"Back to Main "Purple" Section Index"
"Back to Main Entry Page for other Sections"
Go Back to the page you just came from
This page has been accessed times.
© vjr All Rights reserved.