These tender sugar cookies are easy to make! Decorate the cookies with the kids for a fun activity.
3/4 cup butter
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 cups All-Purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup melted semisweet chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, egg yolk and brown sugar until well-combined.
2. Mix in the flour and salt gradually.
3. Cover and chill the dough for at least 1 hour.
4. After the dough has chilled, break off teaspoonfuls of it and form them into balls.
5. Place them on lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheets, and press gently down onto each ball with the bottom of a juice glass that's been dipped in granulated sugar.
6. Bake the cookies in a preheated 375°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they're lightly browned.
7. Remove them from the oven and cool them on a wire rack.
*HINTS & TIPS*
When the cookies are cool, glaze half of each with the melted chocolate.
You can dip each cookie in chocolate to coat both sides of the half, or use a flat butter knife to cover the top side only of the half (which is much easier).
Then make small piles of whatever garnishes you use - chocolate jimmies, colored sugar, chopped nuts - it's fun to mix and match - and dip the chocolate end into the decorations.
*NOTE* THEN.. Refrigerate the cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet until the chocolate sets, about 1 hour.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Fat: 4 grams
Protein: 0 grams
"Back to Recipes Main Index"
"Back to Hints & Tips Main Index"
"Back to Main "Purple" Section Index"
"Back to Main Entry Page for other Sections"
Go Back to the page you just came from
This page has been accessed times.
© vjr All Rights reserved.