These are amazing! They take about 10 minutes to make and another 10 to bake and are one of the best cookies I've eaten. Much like macaroons.
2 & 2/3 cups of flaked coconut, divided
1 package of Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow Cake Mix or Golden Cake Mix
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/4 cup of water
1 teaspoon of almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Reserve 1 & 1/3 cups of the coconut in a medium bowl.
2. Combine the cake mix, egg, oil, water and almond extract in a large bowl. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer. Stir in 1 & 1/3 cups of coconut.
3. Drop a rounded teaspoonful dough into the reserved coconut in the bowl. Roll to cover it lightly with the coconut.
4. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, placing the balls 2 inches apart.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
6. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely. Sotre in an airtight container.
Makes 3 & 1/2 dozen.
Tip: To save time when forming the dough into balls you can use a 1 inch spring-operated cookie scoop.
"Back to Recipes Main Index"
"Back to Hints & Tips Main Index"
"Back to Main "Purple" Section Index"
"Back to Main Entry Page for other Sections"
Go Back to the page you just came from
© vjr All Rights reserved.