Looking for something rich and chocolate-y? Try these homemade toffee bars for something easy and delicious for dessert or with coffee.
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoons salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Cream butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl, then blend in vanilla.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together flour and salt, then add to butter mixture and mix well. Spread dough evenly into the prepared pan, and bake for 17-22 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips, and cover the pan with foil or another pan to help melt the chocolate. After a few minutes, spread the chocolate with a spatula until evenly coated and smooth. If chocolate does not melt, pop the pan back in the oven for a minute.
5. Sprinkle almonds immediately over the top and press in gently so they will stick. Let cool completely and cut into desired shapes. Store in an airtight container.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Fat: 9 grams
Protein: 2 grams
"Back to Recipes Main Index"
"Back to Hints & Tips Main Index"
"Back to Main "Purple" Section Index"
"Back to Main Entry Page for other Sections"
Go Back to the page you just came from
This page has been accessed times.
© vjr All Rights reserved.