These are delicious and easy to make. You can add drizzled chocolate over them as the recipe suggests but they must be refrigerated at that point if you do to keep the chocolate solid. These are even great without the drizzled chocolate though.
2 cups (12 oz package) Nestle Toll House Semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided
1 & 3/4 cups of quick or old fashioned oats
1 & 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of pure cocoa powder (not nestles)
1 teaspoon of baking POWDER
1/4 teaspoon of salt (optional)
3/4 cup of granulated sugar (white)
2/3 cup of softened butter or margerine (I use butter)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups (2 ten ounce jars) of maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry.
1. Microwave 1 cup of the morsels in a small, microwaveable bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
2. Combine oats, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Beat granulated sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Then Beat in melted chocolate.
4. Stir the oat mixture into the above mixture. Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour.
5. Shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Press deep centers with your thumb. If you have long nails as I do, I use the stick end of a very large wooden spoon I have. Place a maraschino cherry into each center.
6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
7. Let stand 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
8. Melt remaining morsels as above; drizzle over cookies.
makes 4 dozen approx.
and here is what they look like when done...
"Back to Recipes Main Index"
"Back to Hints & Tips Main Index"
"Back to Main "Purple" Section Index"
"Back to Main Entry Page for other Sections"
Go Back to the page you just came from
This page has been accessed times.
© vjr All Rights reserved.