This is a bit of a switch on the real thing. It makes for fast and easy 'butter tarts' all in one dish and fast.
1/2 cup of soft butter
1 cup of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of white sugar
1 & 1/2 cups of brown sugar
1/2 cup of raisins (I use more)
1/2 teaspoon of baking POWDER
1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
3 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees and get out a 9" square baking pan.
- beat the butter with the flour & sugar until well blended.
- Press it firmly into an UNgreased 9" square baking pan and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In the meanwhile, stir together all the filling ingredients.
- Remove the base from the oven & gently spread the filling over the hot base.
- Return to the oven and continue to bake for 20-25 minutes until the filling is a deep golden brown.
- Filling may be slightly jiggly in the center, but will firm upon cooling.
- Cool completely in the fridge & cut into squares or bars.
makes 16 per pan (I always make a double batch) and these also freeze well!
"Back to Recipes Main Index"
"Back to Hints & Tips Main Index"
"Back to Main "Purple" Section Index"
"Back to Main Entry Page for other Sections"
Go Back to the page you just came from
This page has been accessed times.
© vjr All Rights reserved.