This is a recipe everyone loves as well. These are like old fashioned brownies. The kind mom used to make. No icing but a nice top to them and rich and moist inside.
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of real vanilla (artificial if it is all you can get)
1/3 cup of cocoa - this is REAL cocoa. Comes in a tin in powder form. Up here we have Frye's brand. I don't know about the States.
3/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking POWDER
1/4 teaspoon of salt
- mix butter and sugar and beat well until fluffy
- beat in the eggs and vanilla
- sift cocoa with the flour, baking powder & salt. Work into the creamed mixture
- stir in nuts if you wish (3/4 to a cup of your favourite)
- spoon this into a 8x8x2 inch pan and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees (F) until the brownies just begin to pull from the sides of the pan. - Cool to room temperature upright in the pan on a wire rack. - then cut into 16 squares and serve!
I freeze these also and they are just as good from the freezer.
"Back to Recipes Main Index"
"Back to Hints & Tips Main Index"
"Back to Main "Purple" Section Index"
"Back to Main Entry Page for other Sections"
Go Back to the page you just came from
This page has been accessed times.
© vjr All Rights reserved.